Saturday, May 20, 2017

CAN'T TOUCH THIS: NINJA WARRIOR PACK


Playing in park with my moms

A beautiful morning for a walk, I think to myself as my moms and I head out to explore the town of Ely, Nevada.  The cool early morning air makes my black nose twitch with excitement. The damp air brings out the wild animal overtones  and I savor each and every sniff along the way, sometimes to my moms' annoyance. 
Ninja Warrior Pack

After walking along a side street and then the main road we make it to a little park in the middle of town. My moms know how much I love parks and the feel of soft, lush, green grass under my paws. We walk a loop of the park and I use the facilities a few times and listen to my moms talk about what a beautiful morning it is and hear them occasionally try to identify birds who flit around us. A bird is a bird to me, but I do enjoy a good song bird tweeting out a melody as I sniff and pad along.
Ninja moms

Leaving the park we decide to walk another neighborhood street so we look both ways and safely cross the main street, pass the middle school and start making our way back home. I was just thinking about taking a nap in the sun once we return when I feel this heavy weight hit my back. I turn to see a black pit bull coming for my throat. I was just getting ready to end it's life, when my moms went crazy. Annette, kicking and screaming, throws her body between me and the dog. I see Kristy grab the pit's collar and and the next thing I know Kristy and the dog are rolling around on the grass in an intense wrestling match. I really want to pummel this dog, but Annette starts leading me away. Next, I hear Kristy yelling and turn to see the black pit lunging towards me again--it slipped its collar. This is it, I thought, as I was positioning myself to end this once and for all. To my amazement, Annette begins kicking like a ninja warrior and Kristy pounces on the dogs back using its own collar as a whip. Peering around my mom's legs I could see the dog's eyes locked on me. I could feel its warm breath and see the sharp white teeth gnashing at my throat. I have to admit I am a little scared at this point and really want this pit bull to go away.
Nightmare

After this second attack, my moms' ninja tactics of kicking and collar whipping stun the dog and it slinks down to the ground. A young man, the dogs owner from the corner house across the street, who did nothing to help the situation, picks the dog up and carries it home. This was an all out ambush, no butt sniff, no growl, no positioning, no communication of dominance. This was a pit bull torpedo locked into its intent to kill me. I feel bad for the dog and wonder what has happened to make it behave this way. Maybe this dog doesn't get enough walks, belly rubs, or treats. Unfortunately, some dogs end up with bad humans.
Nap time

Once the ordeal is over, my moms and I continue our walk with adrenaline surging through our bodies. We talk about how in a blink of an eye, life can change. I notice blood on Annette's hand, and Kristy rubbing her back, but I don't have a mark on me. I think to myself, it could've been so much worse. I am one lucky dog to be part of this ninja warrior pack and to know my moms have my back. We stop a few times on the walk back and my moms hug me and I do my special wiggle and snort. Now, about that nap....

Ninja Nettie

Driving with Kristy

I love my moms
Drinking coffee with my moms
Hiking with my moms

6 comments:

  1. That is one lucky dog, she's got two tough Mom's who aren't afraid of stuff. Even pit bulls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Plynnie. I have a pretty cool aunt too. Love Shug

      Delete
  2. you three lady's are so funny I just love your stuff
    I am going camping again in July and Aug it time for smore's hope to see you again free spot to camp :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish so much that we could meet you, but heading in a different direction.But some day we will catch up and hang out.

      Delete
  3. Bravo, ladies! Woulda done the same thing. Only I might've gone a step further... Don't even THINK of trying to hurt MY dogs, Mr./Ms. Pitbull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KP. Shug is the love of our life!! Would fight til death for her!

      Delete

We appreciate your comments. Write to us.